My view on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has most definitely changed over the course of this semester. Before taking this class I was so uninformed about the conflict, that I literally assumed the small amount of info that I had heard previously was the only truth to the conflict. What I had heard before taking this class was only the Israeli side of the conflict, and only the ugly parts which condemned Palestinians for attacks on Israel. I couldn't believe how little I actually knew about what was taking place over there. I cannot stress enough how critical this class was for expanding my worldly knowledge on current issues through our guest speakers and just doing the readings and responses alone.
I would highly recommend this class to any of my peers, because I believe that everyone should be knowledgeable about such a huge current issue. Even some of my friends who are political science majors were somewhat shocked when I told them some of the things that I have learned throughout the course of this class. I thought if anybody would know about the conflict occurring over there it would be them considering their major entails being knowledgable about worldly issues.
I would like to know if there is anything that can be done, whether it be signing a petition or just spreading the word about the class in order to make sure that this class continues to be offered at Indiana University. I believe that taking this class away from students would be a shame, and a disservice to students who want to learn more about the going-ons of the modern world.
No comments:
Post a Comment