Monday, March 25, 2013

Reading Response 18

The most difficult aspect of this course for me wasn't the blog posts, but rather it was my attendance to class.  I needed to take this course for the credit this semester, but I also work night shifts at the Village Pantry near my house.  Most of my classes are late in the afternoon because I don't get to sleep until very early in the morning.  I slept in through some of the classes out of pure exhaustion.  I truly enjoyed learning so much about the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict, especially since I had little to know knowledge about it prior to enrolling in this course.  What I really liked about this class though was the fact that all of us students could express our opinions openly, and not be judged but rather, receive positive feedback that helped my understanding of the conflict that much easier.  I also liked our video conferences with other classes and guest speakers because this was the first time that I have ever had an experience like that in a class.  I'm sad to hear that this course may not be available for future students because I think that it is a very interesting class, and was taught extremely well.

2 comments:

  1. I sure agree with you there...this class is too eye-opening/insightful/thought provoking to NOT offer as another IU course...that's a sad thing to think we might be the last ones to get to learn from this wonderful experience?.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's most definitely a sad thing, like I have said time and time again in my previous posts, coming into this class I thought I had at least a basic idea of both sides of the conflict, but as I sit here right now typing this comment I am absolutely blown away about how very little I actually did know. Which makes me really upset that this course might not be here anymore because this conflict is serious, and until more people educate themselves on it there will most likely continue to be no resolution.

    ReplyDelete