Monday, March 18, 2013

Web Blog Journal 4

Music is my strongest passion and driving force in life.  It is hard for me to focus all my attention on many things, however, with music and everything that involves music it comes naturally to me.  When I am walking, driving, or even sitting anywhere I will have headphones on. If I am at home I will be playing music through my sound system in my room, or record player in my basement, or if I am feeling creative I will open up my macbook, start Ableton Live 9 producing software. When I'm bored of Ableton I may pick up my guitar, or walk over to my room mates room and mess around on his drum set.  My entire room is covered in band memorabilia, old concert tickets, and festival passes.  I have an article from the newspaper covering Lotus Fest when it came to Bloomington last semester, and half of my attire includes concert tees.  I am the campus representative for a music blog called thissongslaps.com and I am friends with a multitude of the local musicians in Bloomington, and up north near my home in Chicago.  When I watch tv shows or movies I always look up the soundtracks to see what artists/producers were involved. Someday I hope to open my own record label, and lord only knows what else.  Music has been the only constant for me throughout my life, so you could say I am extremely attached to it.  I truly don't know where I'd be or what I'd be doing without it.

Some of my best friends I met through either a direct or indirect cause of listening to music.  I can't even begin to fathom the amount of deep personal conversations I have had with complete strangers by starting out a conversation with "So what kind of music are you into?". I don't see how anyone could even think it is possible that music plays a role in causing conflict.  If anything, it does the exact opposite, it opens peoples eyes (and ears) to the inner beauty that all human beings are capable of creating.  It bridges the socio-political gaps that have been put up by the media, and past offenses caused towards one another.  For me, music is what makes life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment