Monday, March 18, 2013
Reading Response - Not the Mother of All Cities : A Feminist Perspective of Jerusalem
This article was quite short, and to be honest not much of it made sense to me other than the closing paragraph where the author says that all she wants for Jerusalem is peace and that it be an undivided, non-prejudiced, two capitals, for two nations. I love this because this is what my version of an ideal Israel would be, an melting pot for all the cultures that have ties to it. Instead of this constant battleground of trying to prove who deserves to be there. There are so many cities in the world that share a sense of "home" for multiple cultures/ethnicities. Jerusalem in my eyes, has become a neverending game of tug of war where both sides weigh the exact same amount, giving off the exact same force, and is going absolutely no where.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I could not agree with you more. I would love to see Jerusalem as a religious hotbed. In many religious texts there is mentioning of a Messiah or ending point to the current world and a beginning of the next. I would envision one of peace between religions in a modern sense. I think that a lot of confusion comes into play between religious sites that multiple religions find holy and sacred. Both religions will want control and will want the site set up and maintained their way. I do not know if it is possible for a third party to be set up that is not biased towards one or the other. If there was and there could be peace, Jerusalem could once again truly live to the fullest.
ReplyDeleteI really believe that this is the way Israel should be as well. There are so many special connections in Israel and they should all be mixed together to make a special place. However, there are people who are stopping this and want to cause harm. The only issues that stand and that both sides are not doing much to make anything become resolved. Only time will tell and hopefully people will realize what is happening...
ReplyDelete